Howdy, Stranger!

If you would like to take part in interesting Google related discussions, sign in or register instantly with -

Connect with us

Post your questions and our community will find most optimum solution.

EvandilEvandil Confirm Email, Member
I want to delete or deactivate my Google+ profile for it is another distraction. Please note that Gmail, Gtalk and Android Play Store settings should not get delete but just Google plus profile.

Comments

• CollinsCollins Moderator Entry Level
    I would suggest you not to delete your account. You should set every thing blank or private so that no one will touch your profile. I am recommending this because once you delete your profile, you cannot bring it back. Better keep it private for some future use.

Disabling Google Plus Profile

Step 1: Log-in to Google+ . Head to accounts section in top right navigation bar.

Step 2: Go to Services.

Step 1: Select the option to delete Google Plus and associates services.

Rest assured that Gmail will work fine even after G+ deletion.
  • You may lose your permissions to rate applications though. It's a Google+ service. You may lose some pretty good services that you didn't realize were tied to Google+ just be warned! :)
  • EvandilEvandil Confirm Email, Member
    edited July 2013
    scuba323 said:

You may lose your permissions to rate applications though. It's a Google+ service. You may lose some pretty good services that you didn't realize were tied to Google+ just be warned! :)

Which applications are you talking about? In Chrome Web Store or Android Play Store?

Thanks for heads up!
  • Evandil said:

scuba323 said:

You may lose your permissions to rate applications though. It's a Google+ service. You may lose some pretty good services that you didn't realize were tied to Google+ just be warned! :)

Which applications are you talking about? In Chrome Web Store or Android Play Store?

Thanks for heads up!
    I know the Android store uses Google+ integration. Not sure if you can post without it but the Chrome store is just a Google account last time I checked
  • hsirhsir Member Entry Level
    just view settings page.