Howdy, Stranger!

If you would like to take part in interesting Google related discussions, sign in or register instantly with -

Connect with us

Post your questions and our community will find most optimum solution.

ThomasRThomasR Confirm Email, Member
edited August 2012 in Chrome
Whenever I start typing in Chrome's address bar, it start displaying sites based on my typed words from previous sites I have visited before or automatic suggestions from the internet.

I understand I dont have control over auto suggestions but how from my history, I want to remove one single entry or site. How can I do that?

Comments

• AbhishekAbhishek Admin Administrator Big Time
    Yes, sometimes this can be a big problem. The simplest solution is to highlight the entry or site from dropdown by arrow keys and then press Shift + Delete key together. Mac users need to hold function as well. This will remove that site from the suggestions.

delete from youtube address bar

Sometimes, that url/site will recover itself again even after deleting. This is because you have visited that site multiple times and now has large relevance weight. In such conditions, go to History (Ctrl+H) and search for that site. Click the arrow next to it to delete that entry. It will never come back.

Lastly, the third way is the most foolproof way and makes chrome as new as when it was installed. You will have to use CCleaner to wipe out all data from your Chrome.
  • simspacesimspace Member
    edited July 2013

In Chrome's URL address bar you will see three things:
    - URL's typed into the address bar (indicated by the "page" icon):
    - URL's you have bookmarked (indicated by a "star" icon):
    - Google search history (indicated by a "magnifying glass" icon):

(1) For URL's typed into the address bar (indicated by the "page" icon):
    To clear these items you can pick and choose what to delete by highlighting the URL and (on OS X) press fn+shift+delete to remove a specific URL (I think the Windows keystroke is shift+delete).

Or, you can select multiple URL's at once and use the same keystroke to delete several URL's at one time.

Or clear your history to wipe out all the URL history.

(2) For URL's you have bookmarked (indicated by a "star" icon):
    To clear these items you have to delete them from your bookmarks.

(3) For Google search history (indicated by a "magnifying glass" icon):
    To clear these items you have to sign into Google, and visit: history.google.com, where you can choose the items you wish to delete from your Google search history.

I hope this helps!
    Chris
  • CollinsCollins Moderator Entry Level
    simspace said:

(3) For Google search history (indicated by a "magnifying glass" icon):
    To clear these items you have to sign into Google, and visit: history.google.com, where you can choose the items you wish to delete from your Google search history.

This is the most important advice. And irony is most people are not aware of this. You need to remove your search history. Google records everything you search.

• hsirhsir Member Entry Level
    edited July 2013
    rather simple.
    just predict the position the item you want remove from the address bar may appear and find a black scotch tape and paste on the screen and you get it.